Icycomp

Past Continuous Tense



Bentuk Umum :


S + [was/were + present participle]


Contohnya :



  • You were studying when she called.

  • Were you studying
    when she called?

  • You were not studying when she
    called.


 


Penggunaan 1 : Aksi Yang Disela Di Masa Lalu







Examples:



  • I was watching TV when she
    called.

  • When the phone rang, she was writing
    a letter.

  • While we were having the picnic,
    it started to rain.

  • What were you doing
    when the earthquake started?

  • I was listening to my iPod, so I
    didn't hear the fire alarm.

  • You were not listening to me when
    I told you to turn the oven off.

  • While John was sleeping last
    night, someone stole his car.

  • Sammy was waiting for us when we
    got off the plane.

  • While I was writing the email,
    the computer suddenly went off.

  • A: What were you doing
    when you broke your leg?

    B: I was snowboarding.



 



Penggunaan 2 : Waktu Yang Spesifik Sebagai Sebuah Selaan




Examples:



  • Last night at 6 PM, I was eating
    dinner.

  • At midnight, we were still
    driving
    through the desert.

  • Yesterday at this time, I was sitting
    at my desk at work.



 


Penggunaan 3 : Aksi Yang Parallel



Examples:



  • I was studying while he
    was making
    dinner.

  • While Ellen was reading, Tim
    was watching
    television.

  • Were you listening
    while he was talking?

  • I wasn't paying attention while I
    was writing
    the letter, so I made several
    mistakes.

  • What were you doing
    while you were waiting?

  • Thomas wasn't working, and I
    wasn't working
    either.

  • They were eating dinner,
    discussing
    their plans, and having
    a good time.


0 Responses