Icycomp

Present Continuous Tense



Bentuk Umum :


S + [is/am/are + VERB 1 + ing]


Contohnya :



  • You are watching TV.

  • Are you watching TV?

  • You are not watching TV.


 


Penggunaan 1 : Kejadian Yg Terjadi Waktu Sekarang




Examples:



  • You are learning English now.

  • You are not swimming now.

  • Are you sleeping?

  • I am sitting.

  • I am not standing.

  • Is he sitting or
    standing
    ?

  • They are reading their books.

  • They are not watching television.

  • What are you doing?

  • Why aren't you doing
    your homework?




Penggunaan 2 :Kegiatan Panjang Yang Masih Dalam Proses
Sekarang




Examples: (All of these sentences can be said while eating
dinner in a restaurant.)



  • I am studying to become a doctor.

  • I am not studying to become a dentist.

  • I am reading the book Tom Sawyer.

  • I am not reading any books right now.

  • Are you working on any
    special projects at work?

  • Aren't you teaching at
    the university now




Penggunaan 3 : Dekat Dengan Masa Depan





Examples:



  • I am meeting some friends after work.

  • I am not going to the party tonight.

  • Is he visiting his
    parents next weekend?

  • Isn't he coming with
    us tonight


0 Responses